Monday, August 5, 2013

Trending Now: Southwestern Prints

Oh Hey Internet, It's been a while, I know. I really have no excuse other than pure laziness and lack of motivation. That is until a couple weeks ago a certain someone told me they look at my blog all the time. At least I know there is someone out there who is interested in what i'm doing and it really only takes that one person to motivate me to do a new post... :)

So let's talk fashion. I'm in love with all Southwestern prints at the moment, and I really shouldn't say "at the moment" because this is really something I have always had an eye for. Back in February I was involved with a charity event called Project Runaway. It was a fashion show for upcoming designers who all recreated an outfit out of random items from a thrift store. The reason I wanted to share this story is because one of the items I used in my design was a fleece blanket with a southwestern print. I ended up getting 3rd place and won some cool prizes, if you want to read more i'll include a link to an article about the event! (and of course i'm going to include some pictures on here.)

 http://tnjn.com/2013/feb/10/charity-fashion-show-raises-mo/  <-- Article about the event!

This is what I started out with....

And this is what I created! :)

The back ended up having only an elastic strap where that small black piece is to create a sexy cutout

Talking to the judges about my design.

With THE Marc Nelson!

Documentary interview

Top 3 designers with their models

My model workin it down the runway!

Not too shabby for a noob
My model and I after the show.

Now for a little southwestern inspiration for you all...
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment